Yaaaay!!! So… I decided to begin my Birthday Project by publishing ‘18 ways to live a godly life’ on this beautiful Sunday and first day of the week.
It’s really not only about going to church and Fellowshipping with the brethren, there are other ways to enhance Godly living and live the way God wants you to. These 18 things were inspired from the Spirit and not just personal inspirations. The ultimate goal of every Christian is to make heaven at last. It’s one thing to know God and another to live a Godly life. Aspire to live a Godly life and grow as well. These ‘18 ways to live a Godly life’ should guide you. God bless you!
1. Grow in the word daily: Study and meditate on the word of God deeply. Do not read it like a newsletter but like a mystery you’re trying to unravel. Let it become a part of you. Let it be your Outbreathing. For our physical bodies – we get hungry, we eat and we grow. For our spiritual bodies, hungry or not, eat to grow. Stir up the hunger- you need to be hungry for the word so when you take it in, it would activate every fiber of your being and make you soar in other areas of your life. 2 Peter 3:18 Ephesians 3:17-19. 1 Peter 2:2 Colossians 3:16
2. Make prayer a habit : Do not only pray when you feel like, because most times you wouldn’t feel like praying. Challenges and situations might weigh you down and make you too depressed to pray, cloud your mind and leave you without hope but it should be in such times you should GUAP- Get Up And Pray. Do not negotiate your prayer times. Pray daily and everywhere. When Prayer becomes a habit, you would have inextricable miracles. Mark 11:24 2 Chronicles 7:14. 1 Chronicles 6:11
3. Do what the word of God says: Joshua 1:8 tells us how we can live a life of prosperity and good success when we observe to do according to all that is in the word of God. As the constitution is the book of laws,rules etc for citizens of a country, so is the Word of God for Christians. To live a Godly life, you must live according to God’s word and do what it says in order to live a life of endless testimonies. Every thing we need to survive and soar in this ungodly world is in the word of God.
4. Vitalize your spirit: Aim to grow Vigourously in your spirit. The same way we exercise regularly and take supplements for our physical body for strength and energy, should be the same way we should strengthen our spiritual body. Exercise your spiritual body to make it more lively and Vigourous.
5. Have constant fellowship with the Holy Spirit: Make the Holy Spirit your Life partner and your best friend. Fellowship with Him daily and at all times. Create a strong bond with the Holy Spirit until you can feel His breath on your skin and His presence everywhere. He would teach you all you need to know and direct you on what to do, how and where to do them. He would unravel Heavenly mysteries to you and insights that would propel you to the highest level of your life. John 14:26 1 Corinthians 3:9
6. Flee from every sign of carnal temptation: There would be temptations, yes there would be- the word of God tells us so- because we live in the world though we’re not of the world. Temptations would come in different forms, shapes and sizes but we have the ability to flee and overcome temptations. Do not allow the signs to reveal themselves in a real form because it might be too late then. Flee from every sign – faint or clear. James 1:13-15
7. Give no room to the devil: The devil would always try to find a place to settle in your heart through your mind- the things you see, the things you hear, the information you receive e.t.c. Do not participate in things that would be channels for the devil to pass through and take a stand, rebuke and resist him.
8. Pray in the spirit all the time: pray without ceasing and pray without season. Wherever you find yourself and at whatever time it might be- it’s okay and perfect to pray. Do not be too Busy or Lazy to Pray. Edify yourself and be more sensitive to spiritual things by constantly praying in the spirit. Ephesians 6:18
9. Be spiritually minded and not carnally minded: Place your mind on things above and not on things below. “Man is a Spiritual being”. Focus more on Heavenly things than on earthly things. Trash the lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh and pride of life and have a burning lust for heaven.
10. Surround yourself with Godly people: The people in your life can affect you positively or negatively. Be around people that would help you grow Spiritually, mentally and in other areas of your life.The people in your life matter, have people in your life that would motivate you to do things for the gospel, achieve your goals and become a better person. Make sure that the people you surround yourself with can put you back on track with God if you ever slip. 1 Corinthians 5:13 Proverbs 18:24 Proverbs 22:24-25
11. Guard your heart with the word of God: In the world there are ungodly people and there are a lot of ungodly practices. Most times we would have people come around us to poison our hearts and make us sway from our beliefs but when our hearts are properly guarded, nothing that is ungodly would be able to take a hold of us. Guarding your heart with the word of God is key to living a Godly life.
13. Say Daily positive confessions according to God’s promises : The tongue is a very powerful organ and it plays an important role in charting the course of our life. In good or bad times, speak positively. There are great confessions we can find in the bible that can help us in our daily lives and where we are headed.
14. Constantly renew your mind with the word of God: As the days go by and God constantly fills them with blessings, love, grace, miracles etc so does the devil try to contaminate the whole atmosphere with doses of his evil seeds to make us fall short of the glory of God. Renewing our minds through the word of God would remind us of God’s promises,plans and purposes for our life and would make us stay on the word of God ,do the right things and live the right way. Romans 12:12
15. Stick to the word of God without doubt: Do not dwell on unbelief. Do not stagger in faith. If you believe what the word of God says, you would receive all the blessings in it. Do not look for other alternatives. Put all your trust in God’s promises ecause He who promised is faithful. Thessalonians 2:13 1 Timothy 4:10 Hebrews 11:1
16. Put God first in every thing you do: Give him the first part of your day, He should be the first reason you’re doing anything and not for selfish reasons, if you want to begin a project, talk to him about him first, if you want to embark on any journey, think if it’s gonna go according to his wish… Whatever you want to do and however you want to do them, put God first, not only would you be acknowledging him, you would also get the best results and uncountable blessings.
17. Make soul winning a habit: Winning souls for the kingdom refuels your passion for the spreading of the gospel. It’s the Great Commission and It’s what we’ve been mandated to do. It increases your treasures in heaven and on earth. Be an ardent soul-winner. Winning souls for the kingdom enhances your Godly life and makes room for you to give someone the golden opportunity of living a Godly life. Matthew 28:19-20 . Matthew 5:14-16
18. Read Christian materials and listen to teachings: Christian Books, audio messages, podcasts, television shows, songs etc would enhance Godly living. Listen to teachings from the word of God and share to others also. Sing songs in your heart, make merry and give thanks in your spirit. Colossians 3:16. 2 Timothy 3:16
God bless you for reading!!!
Like, Comment, Share!